Greek Syntax & Reading
A study of the principles of biblical Greek syntax. The course provides instruction on the various elements in Greek syntax and applies this to selected passages in the Greek New Testament. Attention is also given to strengthening the student’s vocabulary and to translating portions of the New Testament. Prequisite: NT602.
- A Greek English–Lexicon of the New Testament, 3rd ed., by Bauer, Danker, Arndt, and Gingrich, University
of Chicago Press.
- The Greek NT, 5th ed. with dictionary, by Kurt Aland et al., Hendrickson.
- Lexical Aids for Students of New Testament Greek, 3rd ed., by Bruce Metzger, Baker.
- Syntax of New Testament Greek, by James Brooks and Carlton Winbery, Univ. Press of America.
- A Textual Commentary on the Greek NT, 2nd ed., by Bruce Metzger, Hendrickson.
- Going Deeper with New Testament Greek, Rev ed., by Kostenberger, Merkle, and Plummer, B&H.