Intro. to Biblical Counseling
An introduction to the basis of biblical counseling, covering topics such as the theological basis of discipleship/counseling, the definition of biblical counseling, the essentials for the discipler/counselor, a comparison of counseling philosophies, and the biblical view of change, guilt, and self-image. Also included are the key elements of the counseling process, handling one’s past and one’s attitude.
- Descriptions and Prescriptions, by Michael Emlet. New Growth Press.
- The Biblical Counseling Movement After Adams, by Heath Lambert. Crossway.
- The Dynamic Heart in Daily Life, by Jeremy Pierre. New Growth Press.
- The Biblical Counseling Movement, by David Powlison. New Growth Press.
- The Pastor and Counseling, by Jeremy Pierre and Deepak Reju. Crossway. (ThM students only)
- How Does Sanctification Work? by David Powlison. Crossway. (ThM students only)
- Counseling One Another, by Paul Tautges. Shepherd Press. (ThM students only)
- A Theology of Biblical Counseling, by Heath Lambert. Zondervan.
- Counseling: How to Counsel Biblically, by John MacArthur. Thomas Nelson.
- No Quick Fix, by Andrew Naselli. Lexham Press.
- Seeing with New Eyes, by David Powlison. P&R Publishing.
- Speaking the Truth in Love, by David Powlison. New Growth Press.
- Instruments in the Redeemer’s Hands, by Paul Tripp. P&R Publishing.