Theological Research Methods
A course designed to acquaint the student with the procedures and resources for theological research. The student is also introduced to the proper format for writing a research paper and given the opportunity to do so himself.
- Style Manual for Papers and Theses @, 2nd rev. ed., DBTS.
- The Craft of Research, 4th ed., by Wayne Booth, et al., University of Chicago Press.
- A Manual for Writers, 9th ed., by Kate Turabian, University of Chicago Press.
- A Rulebook for Arguments, 5th ed., by Anthony Weston, Hackett Publishing Co.
- The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation, 11th ed., by Jane Strauss, Wiley. [†]
- Write Tight: Say Exactly What You Mean with Precision and Power, by William Brohaugh, Sourcebooks.
- SBL Handbook of Style, 2nd ed., ed. Billie Jean Collins, SBL Press.
[†] after a book indicates that it is required for all who do not pass a grammar aptitude quiz to be administered the first day of
class in Theological Research Methods. (See instructor to take the quiz prior to this time.)