Greek Exegetical Methods
A study of the principles in the exegesis of the Greek New Testament. The course provides instruction on the various steps in the exegetical process for the literary genres of the New Testament and applies these steps to the translation and interpretation of Colossians. Prerequisites: Greek Syntax and Reading (NT701).
- How to Understand and Apply the New Testament, by Andrew Naselli, P & R.
- Exegetical Fallacies, 2nd ed., by D. A. Carson, Baker.
- Reader’s Greek New Testament (Either The Greek New Testament Produced at Tyndale House Reader’s Edition, Crossway, 2018 or Greek New Testament: The Text of UBS 5 Reader’s Edition, German Bible Society, 2015.)
- A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature, 3rd ed., by Bauer, Danker, Arndt, and Ginrich, University of Chicago Press (Logos ed.).
- The Greek New Testament, 5th ed., by Kurt Aland et al., Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft/American Bible Society (Logos ed.).