Church History II
Dr. John Aloisi
A study of medieval church history from Gregory I (A.D. 590) to A.D. 1517. The course will focus on the Roman Catholic system, including the papacy, doctrinal development, reactionary movements, and significant events and persons leading up to the Reformation.
- Saint Augustine: City of God, abridged , ed. by Vernon Bourke, Image Classics/Doubleday.
- A Shorter Summa: The Essential Philosophical Passages of Saint Thomas Aquinas’ Summa Theologica, ed. by Peter Kreeft, Ignatius Press.
- The Story of Christianity, 1, rev. & updated ed., by Justo González, HarperOne.
- The Medieval Theologians: An Introduction to Theology in the Medieval Period, ed. by R. Evans, Blackwell.
- The Medieval Worldview: An Introduction, 3rd ed., by William Cook and Ronald Herzman, Oxford University Press.